Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Little Shoppe

Now with Christmas feeling just around the corner (!!!), I've started thinking about gifts for family and friends.  However, this year, I think most of my holiday shopping will be done online... and so I wanted to share some photos of one of my favorite new shoppes in Tokyo, that originally began as an online store.  You've probably heard me talking about Hiki before, because she's the artist who created the new look and design of my website and blog.  

But let me introduce you again, to Uguisu: The Little Shoppe...

IMG_0825

Located in the heart of Tokyo, you just never see architecture like this.

IMG_0824

This is the building adjacent

IMG_0826

Here is the adorable entrance to the shoppe

IMG_0822

I easily spent an hour in here marveling at all her products...

For those of us who don't live in Tokyo, we can purchase most of these wares from her online store!

Such as.... 


beautiful sets of washi tape
(perfect for creative gift wrapping)


Japanese paper balloons
(fun for parties)


I actually bought these paper coasters on my last visit.  
They look perfect on my coffee table.  


Her Fog Linen tea towels are so beautiful.


These Japanese candles are super special.
These are all handmade by only a handful of Japanese artisans left today.

IMG_0823

And here is the lovely Hiki herself.

I've only listed a few of the products she has to sell -- there are so many!  But they all would make unique gifts for friends or for yourself!  

Happy shopping!  

Love,
Priscilla

*****

P.S.  For anyone wondering why I promote certain products or stores... it is ONLY because I am a fan of these things and it makes me happy to share wonderful new discoveries with you!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment