Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hie Shrine

I was recently in Tokyo for a very quick 5 day promo trip.  I stayed in Akasaka near the EMI offices, in a hotel where the Beatles once stayed.  Outside my window I could look down into this beautiful shrine.


Here they have a red carpet rolled out.  I'm not sure what this day is called, but many little girls were dressed in beautiful kimono.


I was drawn to this place.  It looked like a magical world in the middle of one of the biggest cities.  I felt like I could watch these trees slowly turning yellow one by one.


Even inside this world they have their own shadows.



30 minutes before I had to leave for the airport, I finally found this shrine.


I pray for peace.



love,
p. ahn




1 comment:

  1. I believe you were there on "shichigosan" (7,5,3). This is the day where parents pray for their children who are 7, 5, or 3 years old. Here is more about this day :)

    http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2284.html

    ReplyDelete