Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pacific Rim


The soundtrack for the new Guillermo del Toro film Pacific Rim is out now.  And I have the extreme honor of saying that I am featured on Track 7, entitled "Mako".  The film is scored by the über talented Ramin Djawadi.  The music is stunning and epic.  Tom Morello is also featured on the soundtrack!  You can read more all about it here.

The score was recorded at Sony Soundstage, where you see me being super duper focused in the photo above.  I had the chance to stand in the actual soundstage when the orchestra was recording.  I'll never forget the experience.  I had goosebumps all over, and it made me really emotional.  ;P

And let me just say, doing something like this, has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl singing "If We Hold On Together" from The Land Before Time at home, while my Mom played the piano part.  Ok??

Needless to say, I'm so excited to see this film in its entirety on its release, this Friday, July 12th!

Watch the trailer here.

Purchase the soundtrack here or here.

love,
p. a.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome P. Has Mako anything to do with your eating habits?
    Sounds like a good movie ,will be watching that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece of music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone needs to go watch the movie. im still speechless and its been an hour since ive seen the movie. its absolutely amazing, and the soundtrack is just terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pacific Rim is stunning stuff, Loved it! :D and beautiful vocals as always

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Priscilla~ I remember when I interviewed you in June at Taipei, you mentioned that one of the first song you ever learn to sing is "If We Hold On Together" from The Land Before Time. It's one of my all time favorite too, so I'm pretty surprise+happy to see you mentioned it again in this blog. I went to see Pacific Rim two weeks ago, great movie, and I love your beautiful song! Can't wait to hear you live on Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, this is amazing! Very many congratulations to you, what a beautiful song. Haunting yet so lovely.

    ReplyDelete