Monday, December 28, 2009

Kyoto!

I was about to finally upload some photos from my camera onto my computer so I could make a decent blog post. But I forgot my camera cord! It's still in Tokyo.... so you'll have to wait. I'll just paint a picture for you....

Mike is in bed reading about sushi knives and kinds of crab that Kyoto is famous for. I just took a detox bath, and was admiring the needles that the acupuncturist left in my back today. It was our first time getting acupuncture, but we went to a dear friend's trusted sensei. He was so amazing!!! He touched my wrists and hands, and could tell that I'd been coughing a lot (the air is so dry here right now!) and he also felt that I was very delicate and cared a lot about other people, to the point where I care too much*, which could lead to stress and tension. We walked through a place where they had shrines for all the different Chinese zodiacs, and then walked through a long food market (that we'll be revisiting again tomorrow). After a delicious dinner--comprised of BLOW FISH (!!!)--we walked through Gion and below all the Geisha houses.

It's been a pretty bad ass day for us: acupuncture AND blowfish!

Pictures soon to come... I have dreams in stilted Japanese now. I also speak in stilted English. Oyasuminasai! (goodnight!)

- p. ahn

* I think that's a nice Japanese way of saying I'm a control freak and I need to loosen up! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I always wanted to go to Kyoto! Im excited to see the pictures! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun~~ Can't till I see the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry x mas and happy new year in Japan ! =)

    ReplyDelete